Monday, November 03, 2014

Time for an update!

On October 16th the kids and I had to go to base for a Soggiorno appointment.  A Soggiorno is a document that we have to carry with us at all times, it is like a VISA, but different.  We need it to live in Italy.  In November we go to pick up the finalized document!

October 18th we head over to Gorgazzo.  Here is a link:  http://www.visitsitaly.com/friuli/gorgazzo/index.htm along with the image below.  We ended up hiking up the mountain about 1 1/2 miles, so 3 miles round trip.  It was a good time!!!

October 25th we attended the Protestant Harvest Festival at the chapel.  I love all the base events that are put on.  They had activities, games, costume contest, and a chili cookoff!  Oh and Alyssa got first place with her robot costume that her and Bill made just that day!


October 26th along with our normal busy Sunday we attended a potluck after our church service.  I am actually starting to feel at home with our new church.  I really have a hard time being that new person.

October 29th I spent most of my day at the school!  I got to see Alyssa's class do a pumpkin drop, I helped out with Hannah's 2nd grade Harvest Festival, and got to meet Daniel's new teacher!

October 31st we brought the kids to the BX for trick or treating since Italians don't celebrate Halloween.

November 1st we attended the Aviano Fall Fest!!!  I have to say this is by far the best base event we have ever attended.  We all went in the non-scary haunted house, went to the pumpkin patch, the kids did crafts, horse rides (which we forgot about), bounce houses, rock climbing, tons of games, trick or treating, and much, much more!  I was amazed!!!!

Today is the 3rd and as I am writing we are getting screens installed on our windows!!!!  This will complete our agreement with our landlords and property manager!!!  It is so nice to be able to vent the house without flies and spiders getting in.  Life is good in Italy!!!

No comments: